Sunday 18 August 2013

Secret to a Pleasant Smelling Room

I'm very particular with how my room smells, more so my bathroom.  I love the smell of clean sheets and a clean room filled with my favourite scent. I love being greeted by a sweet smelling room every time I open the door.  I'll let you in with my little secret -- essential oil burners.


An essential oil burner is a device that is used to diffuse aromatherapy fragrance into the air.  They are those that you see in aromatherapy stores that look like a really small clay oven.  Using them is not like rocket science at all.  All you need to do is fill the container (the one that is shaped like a bowl) with a mixture of essential oils and water.  Around 2 tablespoons of water and 3-5 drops of essential oil should be enough.  Then light a tealight candle and put it under the bowl.  The heat from the candle warms the bowl eventually causing the oil/water mixture to evaporate and fill the room with its fragrance.

KARMA SENSES Oil Burner Gift Set

Different Styles of Oil Burners

The oil burners can be made of ceramic, glass or metal.  They come in different sizes, colours, designs and material that you can choose from.  They are incredibly adorable that you can even use them as home decorations.

Do you want to try the essential oil burners but you’re not sure which ones to buy?  Don't fret.  There are oil burner gift sets available, like that of Karma Senses.  A gift pack contains an oil burner, a bottle of fragrant oil and 4 pieces of tealights. 

KARMA SENSES Oil Burner Gift Set

I personally like using tealights.  I love the ambiance that candles create inside the room no matter what its size.  However, there are people who are hesitant to use it because it’s a fire hazard.  Don’t worry, just use some caution and ensure your oil burner is placed on a stable and level surface, and never leaver leave a burning candle unattended.

KARMA SENSES Glass Oil Burner rangeDifferent Rooms Different Scent

KARMA SENSES Ceramic Oil Burner rangeTry using different essential oils in different parts of your house.  For the bedroom, I use a combination of lavender and chamomile because I prefer my room to be as relaxing as possible.   For the living room I love the scent of peppermint and bergamot to improve alertness and prevent insect bites.  And for the bathroom, I prefer using lavender and tea tree essential oil because of their antibacterial and antiviral properties.



What about you? Do you also enjoy using oil burners at home?




KARMA SENSES Fragrant Wax Melt for Oil BurnerKARMA SENSES Fragrant Oil for Oil Burner





No comments:

Post a Comment